Crash & Push Bars for Doors
PX Series Flush Push Bars for Doors
The Syntegra PX Flush Push Bars for Doors offer a single-motion, easy means of passage while maintaining the high standards and aesthetics of other Syntegra door systems. When full-length exit devices aren’t required, this system serves as a valuable solution.
This model is designed to integrate seamlessly with a structure’s current design and shares the same Push pad profile found in full-sized exit units. The PX comes equipped with much of the same hardware, electrical options, and working parts, that are standardized in other Syntegra door systems.
Though these systems are smaller, they are no less safe, sturdy, secure, and comparably functional. Being on the ready for emergencies, the PX push bars for doors are fire rated.
Double passage doors, single door systems, and pairs are most commonly used in the following areas:
- Gathering Areas – Office Lobbies, Elevator Lobbies, Stairwells, and Elevator Cabs
- Building openings that have no requirements for a full-sized exit device to comply with egress ratings.
- It is made from a thick-walled aluminum construction, granting a heavy, top-tier push bar door.
- The opening width is maximized via our push pad, which remains retracted while the door is opened.
- The PX Series is equipped with Syntegra’s patented friction-limiting latch bolt with a 7/8″ throw.
- The system can be configured to latch from the top and bottom, or just from the top.
- Exterior levers are kept safe via the anti-abuse clutch system.
- The latches, operating parts, and mechanisms are concealed and kept safe from attack or other forms of abuse or tampering, being nestled within the steel doors.
Versatility for Your Push Bar Doors
- The list of options and functions is extensive, catering to most applications and door openings.
- RX and ELS system options are available for electrically controlled access.
- For down-the-road possibilities, kits are available to ease electrical upgrade installations.
- The latching systems are UL10C Fire Rated.
- The opening width is maximized via the push bar, which remains retracted while the door is opened for unrestricted passage.
- The top latching and bolt systems are made to prevent any snagging or catching of clothes
- For healthcare, school, or germ-sensitive buildings, antimicrobial coatings are available.
- Our hygienic quick-release feature called CleanVue enables easy access to properly clean and disinfect the push bar.
- Lines remain clean and sharp with the minimized push pad end caps and hidden fasteners.
- Décor matching finishes are available, as well as architectural ones.
- Most common finishes and door styles come without being equipped with an escutcheon.
- There is no more need for a surface-mounted auxiliary plate with the optional surface-mounted top strike plate.
- Integrated top strike prep is available as an option, reducing the notch that other types require.
- Fire standards are met with this system without the need for floor strikes.
PX Series Functions
|Model Number||ANSI Function||Description|
|PX||01||Exit Only, no trim.|
|PX-LC||03||Entrance by fixed lever/pull when latch is released by key. Key removable only when locked (Nightlatch).|
|PX-LC||08||Entrance by lever. Key locks or unlocks lever.|
|PX-LC||09||Entrance by lever. Key removable only when locked (Nightlatch).|
|PX-LC2||10||Entrance by lever. Inside or outside key locks or unlocks lever. The outside key releases the latch.|
|PX-C||13||Entrance by key.|
|PX-L||14||Entrance by lever. Always active, no cylinder.|
If our standard levers don’t match your style preferences please ask about our Décor Lever Series.
Antimicrobial coatings are available for healthcare, education, and other germ-sensitive environments.
|Device Functions||Configured from the factory. See Function Chart for description.|
|Fire Ratings||UL10C with single-point top latching or top and bottom latching.|
|Pushpad Width||8 ¼” (210 mm)|
|Pushpad Projection – Extended||1-3/16″ (30 mm)|
|Pushpad Projection – Depressed or|
with Door Held Open
|3/16″ (5 mm)|
|Pushpad Centerline||38-1/2″ (978 mm) from finished structural floor (not including floor covering).|
|Pushpad Materials||6063-T6 Extruded Aluminum with finish inserts.|
|Strikes||Top strike can be mortised or surface applied (P/N TSK-1 Kit). Bottom strike, if applicable, is a ½” diameter hole threshold or surface strike (P/N BSK-1 Kit).|
|Electrical Options||LM – Latchbolt monitoring provides notification when the latch is extended.|
|ELS – Electrified lever. Energizing allows lever to rotate to retract the latch(es). Fail-Secure or Fail-Safe available.|
|Mounting||Concealed fasteners on pushbar end caps, latches and handles.|
|Latchbolts||Top latching standard with – 7/8″ (22.2 mm) throw. Projection type Friction limiting-design with deadlatch feature. Bottom – Massive Stainless Steel 5/8″ throw bolt with conical tip.|
|Optional Keyed Cylinder||Standard diameter Mortise Cylinder with ‘standard’ cam. Accepts 1″ cylinder length or greater. Cylinder in excess of 1” requires a spacer collar equal to this excess (Example 1-1/8″ length requires a 1/8″ collar).|
|Function 10 – Back-to-back Cylinders||Requires a 3/16″ collar for a 1″ cylinder length. For longer cylinders, use the following to dimension the collar: Cylinder Length –1” + 3/16”= Collar (Ex. 1-1/4″ requires a 7/16” collar).|