Lever Operated Opening
LX Series Lever Operated Openings
Syntegra’s style and goals are characterized by their LX series of lever-operated openings. A handle and keyed cylinder can be fitted to either or both sides of the central lock case. Besides offering the popular features of conventional locksets, we are also able to do a lot more with the lock case. They are equipped with break-away clutches that protect the lever handles from abuse.
There is no need to add bulky escutcheons, roses, or edge plates to conceal the door preparations and mechanisms with Syntegra door systems. All other elements are concealed and protected, except those needed for operation.
Imagine being able to activate and lock each leaf of a dual-door unit separately without the need for coordinators, astragals, and manual flush bolts. Pairs and single doors also benefit in hiding the side latch and strike from sight and prevent tampering by latching at the top of the door. The LX Series will interface with nearly any access control and door automation system via Syntegra’s electrical equipment. More specifically, with the electrified lever (ELS) and electrified latch retraction (ML).
Double passage doors, single door systems, and pairs are most commonly used in the following areas:
- Gathering Areas – Office Lobbies, Elevator Lobbies, Stairwells, and Elevator Cabs
- Singles and Pairs are often used in Offices
- Main or major entrance and exit ways
- Areas such as hospitals or surgical clinics.
- Lever Handles are rugged solid cast forged steel.
- To prevent damage from abusive areas, the clutch uses a breakaway system.
- The LX Series is made to meet and far exceed any current security, durability, or strength standards.
- The LX Series is equipped with Syntegra’s patented friction-limiting latch bolt with a 7/8″ throw.
- The system can be configured to latch from the top and bottom, or just from the top.
- Levers are kept safe via the anti-abuse clutch system.
- Latches operating parts and mechanisms are concealed and kept safe from attack or other forms of abuse or tampering, being nestled within the steel doors.
- The list of options and functions is extensive, catering to most applications and door openings.
- Latch retraction systems, the electrified lever, and other available RX options are access control ready.
- For down-the-road options, kits are available to ease electrical upgrade installations.
- The latching systems are UL10C Fire Rated.
- The top latching and bolt systems are made to prevent any snagging or catching of clothes.
- For healthcare, school, or germ-sensitive buildings, antimicrobial coatings are available.
- Most common finishes and door styles come without being equipped with an escutcheon.
- Integrated top strike prep is available as an option, reducing the notch that other types require.
- The top door notch and the top strike are less visible due to the projection-type latch bolt.
- Fire standards are met with this system without the need for floor strikes.
LX Series Functions
All functions are factory configured. In most cases, these functions can be changed as required in the field. Consult factory for instructions.
* Equivalent ANSI/BHMA A156.10 functions used for reference
If our standard levers don’t match your style preferences please ask about our Décor Lever Series.
Antimicrobial coatings are available for healthcare, education, and other germ-sensitive environments.
|Device Functions||Configured from the factory. See Function Chart for capabilities.|
|Fire Ratings||UL10C with single-point top latching or top and bottom latching.|
|Lever Centerline||38-1/2″ (978 mm) from finished structural floor (not including floor covering).|
|Lever Materials||Cast Stainless Steel. Finished to match customer requirements.|
|Lever Projections||01 – Square = 2-5/32″ (55 mm)|
02 – Tubular = 2-9/16″ (65 mm)
03 – Curved = 2-3/8″ (60 mm)
|Strikes||Top strike can be mortised or surface applied (P/N TSK-1 Kit). Bottom strike, if applicable, is a ½” diameter hole threshold or surface strike (P/N BSK-1 Kit).|
|Electrical Options||ML – Motorized latch retraction quietly and efficiently retracts the latch(es) and pushbar when energized. Configured for fail-secure to comply to fire ratings.|
|ELS – Electrified lever. Energizing allows lever to rotate to retract the latch(es). Fail-Secure or Fail-Safe available.|
|LM – Latchbolt monitoring provides notification when the latch is extended.|
|Latchbolts||Top latching standard with – 7/8″ (22.2 mm) throw. Projection type Friction limiting-design with deadlatch feature. Bottom – Massive Stainless Steel 5/8″ throw bolt with conical tip.|
|Optional Keyed Cylinder||Standard diameter Mortise Cylinder with ‘standard’ cam. Accepts 1″ cylinder length or greater. Cylinder in excess of 1” requires a spacer collar equal to this excess (Example 1-1/8″ length requires a 1/8″ collar).|
|Back-to-back Cylinders||Requires a 3/16″ collar for a 1″ cylinder length. For longer cylinders, use the following to dimension the collar: Cylinder Length –1” + 3/16”= Collar (Ex. 1-1/4″ requires a 7/16” collar).|